Archive for February, 2011
I wanted to find out what font was contained in each case, as there are no font labels, so I started out by printing 3/4 letters from each case. The below image is a selection.
The aim of this project is to produce a catalogue of Bath Spa Letterpress wooden facilites and another volume demonstrating what is possible with the facilites. With this information re-orgranise the case structure. I will then try and identify the font using “whatthefont”
After speaking to a technition, I realised that cutting out the fine details with the laser cutter would be impossible and a fire risk! I therefore decided to turn the image into a negative, so that the letterpress texture could be rasterised leaving the raised print.
The printed laser cut letterforms worked well. The plywood grain is noticeable aiding the font.
I also experimented using the CNC Router, however the fine detail could not be achieved.
Other experiments are lino and photo-polyer etching.