Created with inkjet printer, and photocopier.
Archive for the ‘Experimentations’ Category
Last week I was walking along the pavement and I noticed that there was an interesting pattern in the way the tiles had been placed. Taking a photo I used this image as reference to create some pattern illustrations.
patterns generated from tiles.
pavement tile reference, taken somewhere near Caledonian rd
Having a love for all things tube map, I decided to do a bit of exploration, below are some initial experiements.
Tubes into a bottle:
Tube map with only the national rail logos exposed.
using the tube lines as a guide, I created the patterns. I created patterns using the structure of the tube map, for instance the northern and central lines connect. As do the circle and district and hammersmith and circle.
northern and central line combination.
overground, central and northern lines.
hammersmith and circle.
circle and district
Until 1912, there was no set design for the Stars and Stripes. This resulted in flag designs reflecting political affairs or social comment.
Taking this as inspiration I set to design 50 USA flags.
See it on the creative review feed
Click on the image to see it bigger.
This exploration is just a play, there are no set rules, so watch this space for more designs and exploration.
Adjusting and experimenting the pixel dimensions I created the below image:
I then played with shape and scale
When I was at the Emerge exhibtion I came across work by Jamie Reid, who created “mashed-up” data file images. Taking this as inspiration, I took a Jpeg of one of my letterpress scans and open it in a text editer I then replaced the õ to a letter F, using the cmd F function.
This was the result